Leading the industry
We're leading the way with BIM through our adoption of the latest technology and rolling it out across our projects.
We're using it to help our customers make more informed choices as they construct new buildings, bridges, roads, airports and railways, resulting in continual improvement in the overall standard of the built environment.
As leaders, we have played a founding role in establishing the Construction Industry Council BIM 2050 task group with the objective of improving the image and efficiency of the construction industry and sharing knowledge. We are also active members of the UK Main Contractors BIM Working Group as well the UK Government's BIM4 steering group which oversees BIM4 Safety, BIM4 Regs, BIM4 Clients and BIM4 Fit Out, all of which we are members of.
We are also members of the:
- Chartered Institute of Builders BIM Group
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers BIM Group
- P21+ BIM Working Group
- Construction Industry Training Board Employers Ownership of Skills BIM Working Group
- Construction Industry Council National Occupational Standards BIM Review Group
- Construction Opportunities for Mobile IT research and development project
- Facilities Integration and Automation Technologies Group
Further to being active members of the groups above, our people regularly participate in conferences and seminars and contribute articles to the construction press - all helping to raise awareness of BIM and increase its rate of adoption across the industry.
How Balfour Beatty is using Building Information Modelling
Tom Loader, BIM Director shares his views on BIM, why we use it at Balfour Beatty and how it helps the customer. Subtitles available. #expertengineers