Understanding Balfour Beatty
We combine engineering expertise with a strong investments capability.
Our business provides innovative, efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth.
We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, and social and commercial buildings. Our main geographies are the UK and Ireland, US and Far East with 28,000 employees worldwide.
Below is a downloadable four-page overview of Balfour Beatty in 2018.
The markets we serve
- We finance, construct, manage and maintain essential infrastructure assets
- We operate predominantly in the UK, North America and Canada, as well as in parts of South East Asia
- Our customers are government departments and agencies, regulated utilities and private sector organisations
How we compete
- Our engineering expertise, supported by our scale and balance sheet, allows us to deliver complex and large-scale infrastructure projects
- We combine this ability with our local presence and a strong connection to customers and suppliers
- Combining world-class investments capability and leading construction and support services, we have a deep understanding of how to develop and maintain essential infrastructure
- Safety, sustainability and ethics are the bedrock of our business and our licence to operate
Our strategic priorities
- Lean – improve operational performance by increasing productivity and cash generation
- Expert – invest to attract, retain and develop the best employee and subcontractor talent
- Trusted – deliver value to customers through disciplined contracting processes
- Safe – continue to show leadership in safety through Zero Harm for our people, customers and communities
The year in review
Here are some of our best highlights from across the Group over the last 12 months. #expertengineers